Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have decided to take precautions to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The health and safety of our patients, staff and the greater community has always been of the highest importance to us.
Our aim is to continue providing our necessary service to our patients throughout this time and your support in this regard is greatly appreciated.
The precautions we are taking:
– We already had longer than standard examination times, we have increased that to an hour now to ensure we have ample time to thoroughly disinfect between each patient and to limit the amount of people in our building at one time.
– We have changed our seating to help with social distancing
– Our magazines and children’s toys are currently on holidays
– We have hand sanitiser and hand washing stations readily available around the practice – please make use of them
– All staff are regularly using hand sanitiser and washing their hands thoroughly throughout the day
– To assist in controlling the flow in the practice, we ask our customers who need any spectacle repairs done to please give us a call so we can organise a time to tend to you and your specs
– Upon booking an appointment we may ask you some questions regarding any recent overseas travel and if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms
– We are happy to post straight to your door any contact lenses, solutions and spectacle jobs if you would prefer and this will be offered to everyone
In the event that you, or someone you have had close contact with, is diagnosed with COVID-19 and you have visited the practice within the last 14 days, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible so that we can take appropriate and necessary measures.
If you have concerns about the health of your eyes and are unable to attend the practice our optometrists can provide advice to you over the phone.
We are closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation and following the guidelines released by both the Department of Health and Human Services and the Optometry Australia to help prevent the spread of the virus.
We know that things are changing quickly but will keep you updated as the situation progresses, and we appreciate your support in keeping everyone safe and healthy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please phone us on 08 8552 9055